C3RG Seminar Series – MGI and CHIP BioBanks Update
Join the CVC Clinical Research Group (C3RG) for a seminar on updates regarding MGI and CHIP BioBanks! Lunch will be provided for those registered on a first come first serve basis.
Research Basics for Study Coordinators
Sponsored by the Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research, the Research Basics for Study Coordinators series is designed to introduce research coordinators with less than two years of research experience or who are new to research at U-M to basic concepts in clinical research.
Next session will be in September 2016
REDCap Basics Hands-On Training
REDCap is an electronic data capture (EDC) system that is secure, HIPAA compliant, web-based and easy to use. This no-cost tool for the University of Michigan Clinical Researchers is intended to replace Microsoft Excel and Access. REDCap 110 is an instructor-led, high-level application overview offering the participant structured, hands-on experience in the use of REDCap to create a basic clinical trial database. Learning objectives will include:
- Create and modify a database
- Design and maintain forms
- Create a patient schedule and associate forms
- Customize database access groups and user rights
- Conduct data entry
- Utilize built-in analysis and reporting tools
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
Free registration for University of Michigan affiliates. Register for CITI here.
- Biosafety and Biosecurity
- Export Control
- Good Clinical Practice
- GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Medical Devices (FDA Focus)
- GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Biologics (ICH Focus)
- GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Medical Devices
- Human Subjects Research
- Information Privacy and Security
- Responsible Conduct of Research
Maintained by the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, Clinicaltrials.gov is a Web-based resource that provides patients, their family members, health care professionals, researchers, and the public with easy access to information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies. Does your study need to be registered in ClinicalTrials.gov? Do you want to know how to report your results on the ClinicalTrials.gov website? If so, the Office of Regulatory Affairs at the University of Michigan hosts several workshops to help you navigate ClinicalTrials.gov.
Find registration dates here.
Contact Diane Lehman Wilson for more information.
Department of Occupational Safety & Environmental Health
Register for Training on Mlink
- Transporting (Hand-Carry) Biological Materials Between Laboratories and Building (Online Training)
- Shipping Dry Ice
- Shipping Infectious Substances (Category A- cause permanent disability)
- Shipping infectious material substances (Category B)
The Cardiovascular Center Clinical Research Group (C3RG) Monthly Seminars
The C3RG series is structured to provide trending information and educational materials for clinical research staff at the University of Michigan. Key faculty and staff deliver a 45 minute lecture with a Q&A session at the end of each presentation. Check the C3RG Session listings here to view future seminars.
IRBMED Education Program
IRBMED’s Education Program was designed and developed through collaboration with members of the research community. It is our goal to make sure this program is tailored to meet the ongoing educational needs of the research community. To discover more IRBMED resources, click here.
News and Updates
- Clinical Research Management Chronicles: Randomization Tool Available for Study Teams
- Clinical Research Management Chronicles: Working with Central IRBs
- Clinical Research Management Chronicles: Personnel Time and Effort
- Clinical Research Management Chronicles: Keep These Tips in Mind When Conducting Research in Canada
- Clinical Research Management Chronicles: Standardizing Data Collection and Reporting for Clinical Trials